Electronic Diversity Visa Program
- What is the Green Card Lottery
The American Diversity Visa (DV) Lottery, also known as the Green Card Lottery, is an annual program administered by the U.S. Department of State. It aims to increase cultural diversity in the United States by granting permanent residency to winners selected through a random drawing.
In this program, a limited number of Green Cards are randomly distributed to individuals who apply to participate in the lottery. These Green Cards allow the winners to live and work in the United States permanently, providing them with opportunities for education, healthcare benefits, family support, and more.
Additionally, individuals who obtain permanent residency are eligible to pursue U.S. citizenship after a certain period, and they can obtain an American passport. The program represents a significant opportunity for individuals who wish to live and work in the United States and contribute to American society.
The American Diversity Visa (DV) Lottery program is held annually, and it involves the random distribution of 55,000 Green Cards in the United States through a lottery system. This program has been in place since 1994.
Winners of the DV Lottery have the opportunity to enjoy various benefits, including access to education, healthcare, family support, employment opportunities, and more. Additionally, holding a Green Card makes individuals eligible to apply for U.S. citizenship and an American passport after residing in the United States for five years. This program is designed to promote diversity and provide opportunities for individuals from diverse backgrounds to live and work in the United States.
- Benefits of Registering for the Lottery
Permanent Residency in the United States: Winners of the Diversity Visa lottery obtain permanent residency in the United States, allowing them to live and work in the U.S. permanently.
Right to Education: Diversity Visa winners can enroll in American schools and universities and benefit from the U.S. education system.
Employment Opportunities: Winners have the right to work in various professions and industries in the United States.
Healthcare Access: Winners can access the U.S. healthcare system.
Family Support: Diversity Visa winners can support and bring their family members to the United States.
U.S. Citizenship: After a period of permanent residency, winners can apply for U.S. citizenship and obtain an American passport.
Diversity Promotion: The American Diversity Visa program aims to promote cultural and demographic diversity in the United States, making it open to people from different countries and cultures.
Social and Economic Opportunities: The United States offers significant social and economic opportunities for immigrants, allowing winners to pursue their aspirations and build a better future.
- Requirements for Applying for the U.S. Diversity Visa Lottery 2024
- The applicant must have a high school diploma.
- Any unmarried person can apply for the U.S. Diversity Visa Lottery.
- The applicant must be over 18 years old.
- Individuals of all permitted nationalities can apply for the US Diversity Lottery.
- Speaking and writing in English are not essential requirements, but they increase the chances of acceptance.
- No financial fees are collected during the initial online application.
- The presence of relatives in the United States is not a requirement.
- The lottery date
It's important to note that the DV Lottery is a highly competitive program, and the number of applications received far exceeds the available visas. Therefore, it's crucial to submit your application as soon as the registration period opens to increase your chances of being selected in the lottery.
- Applying for the Diversity Visa Lottery
Choose " Begin Entry."
Proceed to the "next" step.
c- Entering the Required Information Enter the required information, which includes:
1- Date of birth
3- City of birth
4- Country of birth
5- Applicant's photo
6- Email address
7- Current residential address
8- Phone number
9- Educational qualifications
11-Number of children
d- Submitting the Application and Waiting for the Results:
Submit the application and wait for the results. The computer performs a random draw of the winners' names, and the results are announced on the internet.
- Photo Requirements for the American DV2024 Green Card Lottery
The submitted image to the DV2024 Green Card Lottery must adhere to the following specifications. Photographs submitted for the DV2024 green card lottery must be a recent photograph, taken within the last 6 months.
- The image file may be produced by acquiring an image with a digital camera or by digitizing a paper photograph with a scanner.
- Digital enhancement or other alterations or retouching are not permitted.
- The original aspect ratio of the image must be preserved. (No image stretching is allowed.)
- The image must contain the full face, neck, and shoulders of the applicant in frontal view with a neutral, non-smiling expression and with eyes open and directed at the camera.
- The image must not contain any parts of the body below the applicant’s shoulders.
- The image must not include other objects or additional people.
- Applicant must be vertically oriented in the image.
- The image must be from a recent (within 6 months) photo of the applicant.
- Subject must directly face the camera.
- Head must not be tilted up, down, or to the side.
- The head height (measured from the top of the head, including the hair, to the bottom of the chin) must be between 50% and 69% of the image?s total height. The eye height (measured from the bottom of the image to the level of the eyes) should be between 56% and 69% of the image’s height. The diagram below shows these measurements on a correctly-proportioned image.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I bring my family if I win the Green Card lottery?
Yes, you can include your family if you win the Green Card Lottery. If you are selected for the Diversity Visa (DV) program, you can bring your spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 to the United States. They will also be eligible for Green Cards.
Can my spouse and I apply for the U.S. Green Card lottery together?
Yes, you can, but in reality, your chances will be better if you each apply for a Green Card individually.
Can I include my fiancée or fiancé in my application?
No, you cannot do that. The spouse must be legally married and only they can apply jointly. However, you can include your fiancée or fiancé by obtaining an additional Green Card lottery entry form.
How many entries am I allowed to submit each year?
You are allowed to submit one entry per person for the American lottery program each year.