- Explanation of the AEC
What is the AEC !.. and do I get permanent residence with it ⁉️
Attestation of études collegiales = AEC.
Anyone with a tertiary level or above can study AEC. To study AEC in Quebec you must apply for a CAQ (University Level).
The AEC is also good, and you can see it as (Des cours de perfectionnement) in a particular field. For example, you have a diploma in automated media and need formation in the field of sécurité informatique. You can study AEC in Cyber sécurité. This is an example only, and you do not necessarily have a diploma to be able to study in AEC.
The important question: Do you get permanent residency with it !..
Yes, you can obtain permanent residence through the PEQ Travailleur immigration program. on condition:
- The duration of the AEC study should be about two years in order to obtain a 3-year study residency. (The same condition exists in DEP).
- 2To work for two years in a job where your CNP is at 0, A or B (in DEP, you need a year and a half of work).
- Work temps plein = at least 30 hours per week
- 3You have passed the B2 French language test (the language requirement is not required in the DEP).
What is the difference between an AEC and a DEC?
- issued by the educational institution.
- Intensive and prepares for the job market.
- Focused on specialization courses in the targeted field.
- Spread over a period that varies between 3 and 24 months, depending on the program.
- issued by the Ministry of Higher Education and allowing access, depending on the program, to professional orders in Quebec.
- Spread over a period of 3 years and for the pre-university program, over 2 years.
- Composed of general education courses (French, philosophy, English and physical education).