- Chevening International Scholarship
The Chevening Scholarship is one of the most important and most famous scholarships in the world and this scholarship has been provided since 1983 by the British government with the aim of searching for distinguished students in order to develop their abilities.
This scholarship is funded by the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office and is awarded to Masters students who have leadership skills, can influence others and have the ability to make decisions. The Chevening Scholarship helps them develop their professional and academic future while studying in Britain, where they acquire British culture and build strong relationships that will benefit them in their future.
- What is the deadline to apply for the Chevening Scholarship?
Registration for the Chevening Scholarship begins on the third of October 2023 and continues until the third of November 2023, During this period, students can prepare all the necessary documents, and it is advisable for the documents to be ready before the start of the registration period.
Acceptance or rejection of a student depends on the manner in which he presents himself. If it is distinctive and attractive, the selection committee will select it, knowing that competition is often very strong for a Chevening Scholarship and there are thousands of students who apply for this scholarship each year and few are selected in order to gain the advantages.
- Chevening Scholarship Costs
As for the study costs, the student does not pay any of them, as the student gets the material benefits granted in the Chevening Scholarship, which is the payment of tuition fees in Britain, which in most British universities amount to fifteen thousand pounds or more. . There are also tuition fees awarded to the student on a monthly basis and range from £1,000 to £1,200.
- Chevening Scholarship Benefits
- Study costs are fully covered by the British government.
- The student is given a monthly stipend to cover personal expenses.
- The scholarship covers visa fees and tickets in full.
- In Britain you can work part-time for no more than 20 hours a week.
- You can study at any university in Britain.
- A college degree is not required.
- Admission requirements for the Chevening Scholarship
The person must be from a country whose nationals are allowed to apply for a Chevening Scholarship. As for all Arab countries, registration is available to them without exception from any country. As for those who hold British citizenship, they are not accepted in the scholarship.
The student must return to his home country for two years or more and not less than that after completing his studies in the mission in Britain.
The student must have a bachelor's degree through which he can join a university in Britain, where his degree ranges with its equivalent in Britain 2:1, and the GPA system is approximately 3.2 , 3.4.
His/her qualifications must match those required for the English Language Proficiency Scholarship.
The student's experience should not exceed two years.
- Here is a list of some of the study specializations available for the Chevening Scholarship program:
- Hotel Management
- Archaeology and Museums
- International Economics
- Political Economy
- Economics and Business
- Digital Marketing
- Visual Design and Effects
- Graphic Design
- Islamic Studies
- Environmental Studies
- Japanese Studies
- Tourism and Hospitality
- Journalism and Media
- Public Health
- Human Medicine
- Veterinary Medicine
- Molecular Medicine
- Organic Chemistry
- Social Sciences
- Applied Sciences
- Analytical Chemistry
- Digital Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences
- Political Science
- Art, Music, and Design
- Design, Visual Communication, and Film
- Law and Politics
- Spanish Language
- Danish Language
- Arabic Language
- German Language
- English Language
- French Language
- Latin Language
- Linguistics and Cultural Studies
- Electronic Simulation
- Human Resources
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- All Study Disciplines
- Natural and Social Sciences Scholarships
- Medical Science Scholarships
- Military Science Scholarships
- Water Sciences Scholarships
- Nanobiotechnology Scholarships
- Textile Technology Scholarships
- Human Rights Scholarships
- Entrepreneurship Scholarships
- Dental Medicine Scholarships
- Biology Scholarships
- Psychology and Psychiatry Scholarships
- Data Science Scholarships
- Space Science Scholarships
- Philosophy Scholarships
- Energy Engineering Scholarships
- Chemical Engineering Scholarships
- Petroleum Engineering Scholarships
- Software Engineering Scholarships
- Computer and Information Technology Engineering Scholarships
- Metallurgical and Manufacturing Engineering Scholarships
- Telecommunications Engineering
- Language Proficiency Qualifications
The student must submit a test result from one of the international tests in which the language level is measured. The Chevening Scholarship accepts results from one of these exams:
✔ Academic IELTS
✔ Pearson PTE Academic
✔ TOEFL iBT
✔ Cambridge English: Advanced CEA
✔ Trinity ISE II B2
- Scholarship Program
With regard to the study programs that the student must choose, the student first chooses 3 study programs, whether they are different in the same university or in 3 different universities, then registers them in the form, and then sends the registration form on it. Compatibility with these universities after fulfilling the conditions of each university.
When he receives unconditional answers from these universities (at least one), he then sends them to the Chevening Scholarship website before July 12.
The scholarship will not be accepted for any answer except from the three universities that have been registered.
The acceptance letter from the university should also be unconditional.
The scholarship only accepts conditional acceptance responses from the university if the reasons are substantial, i.e. a certain amount of expenses must be paid to the university to send an unconditional answer.
- How to choose a program to get a Chevening Scholarship
After choosing the enrollment program the student can start forming his/her profile in the Chevening Online Application System (OAS). This usually asks personal or educational inquiries, as well as some questions that require an answer of at least 100 words.
After completing the Chevening Scholarship registration form, the student must upload two reference letters of recommendation. The Embassy will contact these academic or professional teachers .
the final part of the selection process.Selected applicants are required to attend an interview at British embassies or commissions in their regions. But before doing so, the applicant must upload the following documents to the OAS:
- Education documents, i.e. transcripts or certificates.
- Two reference letters of recommendation.
- short biography.
- The student must bring his/her passport to the interview as well.
- Chevening Companion
- For example, African students can apply for:
- The Chevening Africa Fellowship for Media Freedom is for mid-level applicants working in the fields of media policy and regulation.
- Chevening Ethiopia Fellowship to lead Ethiopian public servants who excel in the areas of policy, leadership and innovation.
- The Western Balkan Cyber Security Fellowship, as the name suggests is open to citizens of Western Balkan countries.
- the open Programs to all countries Contains:
- The British Library Chevening Fellowship, a one-year tenure at the British Library.
- Chevening Color Fellowship, a leadership program that has helped produce global experts over the past 15 years.
- Energy Market Reform in Chevening for Senior Energy Professionals.
- Health Care, Health Policy and Health Research Fellowship for senior professionals who wish to undertake a research project at Oxford.
- LSE Fellowship, a nine-month program for a specific research project.
- The Oxford Center for Islamic Studies Fellowship is for professionals who wish to specialize in the study of the culture and civilization of Islam.
- The Science and Innovation Research Fellowship, which covers the processes of science, innovation and management, and the interactions between economics, innovation and research.
- Some frequently asked questions regarding the scholarship
1- Can I extend my application?
No, extensions will not be granted under any circumstances.
2- Do I need to fill out the forms and send them to you via email?
Yes. Please submit completed copies of the Acceptance Form, Data Preferences Form, Medical Form, and Customer Sponsorship Letter, making sure to include all relevant pages and send each form as a PDF document (please do not send individual pages).
3- Can I use an electronic signature?
A handwritten signature is preferred. However, if you are unable to print and scan the documents to your computer, we will accept an electronic signature.
4- When will I receive my Final Award Letter (FAL)?
Your FAL will be issued after all required documents are submitted and after we receive confirmation of your course details directly from the university. Your FAL will then be processed by our international team, who will send it to your embassy/high commission for confirmation. Please be patient while waiting as there is a large number of scholars being processed by our teams at this time.