- Work visa in Canada
It's something a lot of people in Canada ask about, because work is the essence of life. Most of the people are looking for a job and then getting a work visa in Canada, but they are unaware of the steps to follow, and this is what we will mention in our report.
You must follow the steps carefully to be able to work legally in Canada, and work visas are often temporary and available to everyone who has received a job offer in Canada if they do not have any legal violations, and to learn about the steps to obtain a work visa in Canada.. Follow this report with us .
- Steps to obtain a work visa in Canada
You must follow the steps to obtain a work visa in Canada with full commitment, and be sure to submit the correct documents and the required fees so that your application is not delayed or rejected. The steps are:
- Prepare the necessary documents required by Canadian immigration.
- Demonstrate your prior work experience: One of the steps to obtaining a work visa in Canada is for you to show your capabilities, which are represented in the opinion of employers with whom you have worked previously, in addition to educational qualifications and work experience.
- Fill out the request correctly.
- Send the application to the visa office.
- Inform the visa office of any change that occurs to you: It is an important step in obtaining a work visa in Canada, in order not to delay your application, you must inform the visa office to change your address, data, telephone number or marital status.
These were steps to get a work visa in Canada, be sure to adhere to so that your application is not rejected or delayed.
- Steps to obtaining a work visa in Canada to ensure your right
Canada works to preserve the rights of all workers, including foreigners, as the Ministry of Labor guarantees their rights, and government labor and employment offices monitor the progress of the recruitment process and ensure that rights are obtained from the worker, as it determines working hours, rest periods, fair wages and working conditions , in order to prevent exploitation of workers, especially foreigners, because they are more vulnerable to exploitation because they do not have the experience that enables them to know the labor market in Canada. We find that the Canadian government has guaranteed the rights of foreign workers, guaranteeing them the following:
They get fair wages for their work.
- Ensure the safety conditions in the workplace.
- Obtaining work compensation in the event of an injury during working hours and within the workplace.
- Non-discrimination between a foreign worker and a Canadian worker.
- He is not penalized if he contacts the Labor Standards Office or files a complaint to claim one of his rights.
- These laws are enforced in all government agencies in Canada, as well as in banks, shipping, telecommunications, and technology companies.
- The worker also receives compensation in the event of an injury at work, which includes medical or financial assistance, and his salary remains as if he was at work, because his absence is justified and caused by an accident that occurred with him due to work .
- Medical return to the country
There is also a common occurrence with workers working on tobacco plantations in Ontario known as “medical repatriation,” which stands for medical repatriation, i.e. when a foreign worker gets sick, the employer does not. He does not take care of him even though he is obligated to provide care he thinks that the easiest solution is to send them back to their countries of origin, sometimes we see the same worker asking to go back to his home country, due to facing some difficulties in Canada.
- Applying for a work permit from within Canada and the mechanism for obtaining it
Foreign workers need a work permit in order to be able to do their work in Canada. The process of applying for a work permit from within Canada takes several weeks. The individual’s nationality and type of work in Canada are considered. In order to obtain a temporary work permit, the following steps must be followed. :
The first step
An employer must apply for a Labor Market Condition Assessment to determine their need for workers, and employers in Canada who wish to hire foreign workers are required to have an LMIA.
The second step
The duration of the temporary work offer is determined by the employer, and the employer must provide a copy of his letter of approval in addition to the letter of the detailed offer of work for the foreign worker, these documents are necessary in order to apply for a work permit from within Canada.
The third step
The foreign worker applies for a work permit from within Canada. The foreign worker is granted a work permit according to his nationality and the fulfillment of requirements and documents.
The fourth step
Work Permit Issuance Work permits are issued for a specific period of time which may range from days to years.
Applying for a work permit from within Canada Do you have an obligation to work with a specific person?
Yes, to apply for a work permit from within Canada, you must commit to working with a specific person. If the foreign worker wants to work with another person and does not have permanent residence, he must submit a new application for a work permit.